Thursday, February 01, 2007

Wow

The idea to make the game on Saturday the way to decide who gets to keep the Razor moniker has really blown up. Expect to see BoO members on your local telecasts and radio shows over the next few days and a special CBC HNIC segment.

The teams are really geared up for it. Jason Spezza was quoted as saying; "We're really going to go out there and try to win this for Razor. That's the real Razor I'm talking about - Ray Emery."

Andrew Raycroft tried to downplay the event as just another game and that the two points would be victory enough but didn't hide the fact that the nickname meant a lot to him; "Yeah, it's important. My Grandfather gave me that nickname when I was just a few years old. He caught me playing with his old straight edge and the name stuck I guess. I'm dedicating this game to him."

The Senators confirmed today that former Canadian Heavyweight Champion Donovan 'Razor' Ruddock will be on hand at the game to drop the ceremonial puck at the start of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment