Friday, January 25, 2008

BRIAN BURKE SETS THE RECORD STRAIGHT.

From a Sens fan yesterday on BoO:

"Amazing. Took Peddie under 5 minutes to make Cliff look like a senile old fool. Thank god Bowman said no. Why would anyone want to be a part of that organization again?"

From Brian Burke Today:

"I'm flattered by all this," he said, standing in the HHOF two blocks from the Leafs' Air Canada Centre. "It's a great job. If you're Catholic, this is the Vatican. Toronto is the epicentre, along with Montreal, of the hockey universe", Burke said.
"I'm flattered by all the attention and that someone would think I'm the right guy for this, but I have a job that I love and I work for special people in the Samuelis," he said. "I'm not going anywhere."

Burke had glowing words for Ferguson and for Richard Peddie, president of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment.

"This past year, to watch the slow disembowelling of John Ferguson, it's something no one should go through," said Burke. "John Ferguson is a good guy and history will look back more kindly on him than they are now. A couple of years from now people will say, `Geez, that was one of Fergie's drafts.' He's a great guy. To watch him endure that fate was difficult. So, everyone assumes then that Richard Peddie must be a bad guy. He's not a bad guy. I really believe that John Ferguson would have been in trouble last summer except for Richard Peddie.

"Working for Richard Peddie would be an honour for me. It wouldn't be a problem. It would be just the opposite. I think he's a good guy. That is not a stumbling block at all for me. I don't think it's going to be for anyone. They're not going to have to beg anyone to take this job. You're talking about one of the plum jobs in all of pro sports."

Does that answer your question?

No comments:

Post a Comment