Monday, October 23, 2006

The day before the storm...

A few paragraphs from the Toronto Sun...

Faced with the prospect of a home-and-home series against their cross-province rival this week, the Leafs were hoping the sleeping giant wouldn't wake up.
No such luck.
Now, with the Senators regaining confidence after their lopsided victory, the Leafs realize the task ahead will be even more daunting.

Ottawa native Brendan Bell had the following to say:
"I went to a lot of games over the years, including the Leafs and Sens," he said. "I wasn't really a Leafs or Sens fans, I was a hockey fan. Actually, I don't know if I should be saying this but I was a real Wade Redden fan."

He needs some fans these days. We expect a little more out of the 6.5 million dollar man than 0 pts and a -3.

No word on Ottawa's starter. Hard not to put Emery in net when he's leading the league in SV%. I imagine Murray will give each a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment