Monday, July 23, 2007

Tickets Available?

I noticed the first BoO is actually September 24th here in Toronto. Which means the average fan could possibly land tickets at face value through a traditional vendor! Yay for us. Imagine that? Just calling ticket master and buying tickets?

Juxtaposition to that is our "other" major sports franchise. I made a phone call at 3:30pm Friday to one of our suppliers, and landed a pair of 3rd row seats beside the visitor dugout to Fridays Blue Jay game. Free of charge.
The game stunk and the Jays lost, but afterwards I hit a bar on King street where I met Sean McCormick from Sportsnet. He's a stand-up guy, I must say, he even humoured me for 5-10 minutes as we chatted about hockey and his blog and of course the BoO blog. He says he's visited us before and I encouraged him (slurringly I'm sure), to make it a habit. After all, we don't have too many Oiler fans who hates the Leafs on here, and diversity is always welcome.

No hockey news in the papers this morning, except this, the same wellwood and maurice story, only repackaged and redelivered by TSN, for the 3rd time in a week, being passed off as a new twist to the saga.

September 24th. Hurry the hell up.

No comments:

Post a Comment