Friday, March 10, 2006

Hardy Freaking Har

Looks like I'm not the only one who doesn't appreciate trade deadline humour:
Funny guy, that Bryan Murray.

As the 3 p.m. trade deadline rolled around yesterday, the Senators coach left the ice to take a cellphone call.

It was noticed by everybody, of course, including the players who have been on eggshells for the last week or so.

Murray returned to the ice and skated right over to forward Antoine Vermette, who was seated on the bench, and everyone immediately assumed Vermette had been dealt.

"I told him I had bad news," said Murray. Vermette's shoulders slouched as Murray spoke to him.


"I told him, 'you have to stay here (with the Senators).' "

Laughs all around, except for Vermette.

"I knew he wasn't going to ask me if I had a good dinner last night," said Vermette as Murray approached. "I didn't find it funny at that point. I was hoping he was joking. I didn't want to get traded."

Nothing more agonizing than listening to those clowns on the Team yesterday. "This just in..." they'd gravely intone "...BLOCKBUSTER deal coming across the wire..."

[tense pause]

"THE PHOENIX COYOTES have sent Tim Jackman to Los Angeles for Yanick Lehoux."

No comments:

Post a Comment