Thursday, May 31, 2007

Time out

You're in our crib now.

The saying is that you aren't done until you lose at home. Well, Saturday night's the night for fighting and we'll see if the our Sens are going to do what we know they can do.

I may have the rose coloured glasses on but I don't think the Ducks outplayed the Sens tonight. The shots were uneven but I don't think they reflect the scoring chances.

Leaf fans are happy. The pathetic bunch they are see victory in the Sens losing a couple games in a final they've never seen their team play in. Bring it on. I see a couple home wins coming myself and my Game 6 Stanley Cup final tickets allowing me to experience something no Leaf fan has experienced since before I was born.

Sober Update:
Okay. I should have said 'I may have the rose coloured glasses on but I don't think the Ducks outplayed the Sens that badly tonight.'
No doubt the Ducks were the better team out there but I totally disagree with a conclusion like this:
Here's the reality: If Ottawa loses the Stanley Cup by continuing to play in such a fashion, all their work in this postseason will have been for naught. The choker label will return with a vengeance, and the fans of Ottawa will not tolerate this kind of regression so late in the season. I'll give The Driver the parting shot:
"If you're going to lose, lose like men. Don't puss out and jerk with people, because if you were going to pull this garbage, why did you even bother with the effort to get this far in the first place?"

No comments:

Post a Comment