Monday, May 07, 2007

Playoff Memories XII: Atonement

Last night's episode of Entourage took place on the Jewish Holy Day of Yom Kippur when Jews around the world fast and ask God for forgiveness for their sins. After 9 playoff appearances whose outcomes could be best described as sins against their fanbase the senators are seemingly bent on atoning for the pain and suffering that they have caused Duff, Jay, Don, Gee, Sherry, AGQ, and an astonishingly drunk THM in one glorious playoff run. And by glorious I mean nausea and fear inducing.

Their opponent are the Slugs which really puts a Leafs fan in a tough position. I HATE the Sabres and obviously I hate the senators. Both teams are close geographically and both have a cute hate for the Leafs in that little brother in the elder brother's shadow sort of way. Neither set of fans have a Stanley Cup but apparently 40 years is an acceptable taunt despite that absence. While I think the west will produce this year's champ either team being in the final means that there is the chance that one of these rivals will have a Cup to lord over Leafs Nation and the thought just made me throw up a little.

Today's flashback comes from last season's meeting between the two clubs. I'll have some thoughts on the series up tonight or tomorrow but needless to say, a trip to the finals on the back of a strong performance by Alfie and company will certainly make up for this:

1 comment:

  1. It's a pity you don't have a donate button!
    I'd certainly donate to this superb blog! I guess for now i'll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
    I look forward to new updates and will talk about this website with
    my Facebook group. Talk soon!

    Also visit my webpage Hardcore Sex Movies Tube

    ReplyDelete