Since then, we've seen the following:
- Toskala got chased;
- Two M.Brodeurs played in Ottawa games, both won;
- Minnesota's equipment burned in Ottawa, then the team got burned by Ottawa;
- The Leafs faced their former Goalie of the Future (GAA 1.97, SV .933 - yay JFJ!), yet won with their present Goalie of the Future (GAA 2.90, SV .903) and subsequently planned the parade (when your only top-10 ranking is for OT losses (4th), is that cause for celebration?);
- Thomas beat the Senators again (10 straight) & Miller beat the Leafs again (9 straight);
- Jarkko Ruutu* scored 2 goals, Kessel none; and
- Mike Fisher told Yzerman - "Fuck it, you don't pick me, I don't care - I've locked up Underwood!"
*Ruutu is making a case for a contract extension. Anshu was right - he's playing very, very good all-round hockey of late.
One more game each this week as Toronto faces leading rookie scorer, John Tavares and Ottawa faces the Pens who will now appear in the details of the "Most shutouts by an NHL goalie" entry of the NHL record book.
I won't be around much for the next week - I suppose not too many will be. Have a safe & Happy Holidays, all!