Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cheechoo

Binghamton paper has a few quotes from Cheechoo as he's one of a few B-Sens players coming up as reserves:
A former 56-goal scorer with San Jose, he was sent down to Binghamton in February after spending the first four-plus months of the season with the big club. In 61 games with Ottawa, he had five goals and nine assists. In 25 games with Binghamton, he had eight goals and six assists, and Monday, he acknowledged getting his confidence back during his stay in the AHL.
"It's always good to go up there," Cheechoo said. "That's where I want to be. And I had fun down here, but at the same time, I think that's where I can play -- at that level -- and you never know if you're going to get a chance."
He added later, when asked if he expected to crack the Ottawa lineup during the postseason: "I think it's just a wait-and-see thing. I don't see myself cracking that lineup unless there's some injuries. So hopefully they can stay healthy, but at the same time, I'll be ready if they need me."

No comments:

Post a Comment