Thursday, December 23, 2010

Ilya Kovalchuk for the Hart!

John MacLean fired and Jacques Lemaire reinstated.

I'm not going to defend MacLean because I don't know enough about the guy, truth told. But one thing that gets me in this and most professional sports leagues is that you can fire the coach but you can't fire the guy making $100M who was a healthy scratch because he's floating around out there.

Just makes me question the sanity of the professional ranks that we invest so much time into as fans.

What will this mean for the Devils? My guess is the team will improve as they revert back to that sickening brand of hockey Lemaire is so apt at providing. For the fans of New Jersey I'm sure today provides them with at least a little optimism too.

It's just too bad the Devils couldn't simply give Kovalchuk a paycut and use that money to help the team instead of reinstating the trap and boring us all to death with 2-1 games.

No comments:

Post a Comment