Monday, November 30, 2009

I feel dirty

I know, I know. You Leafs fans are going to hate me for referencing an article from this guy, but I found his little tidbit of information somewhat encouraging.

"Clearly, it’s that initial tailspin the Leafs will be fighting all season. Since the catastrophic 0-7-1 start, the team is a respectable – if bizarre – 6-4-6. Anytime a hockey club loses just four of 16 games in regulation, it is doing something right. In this case, however, it has enabled the Leafs only to escape the NHL basement; the club sits 29th overall today, four points up on last-place Carolina. That’s how damaging the first 3½ weeks of the season have proven to be."

By no means am I predicting PLAYOFFS!!!! here, but the Leafs currently sit 9 points out of a spot with at least 1 game in hand on the four teams in front of them.

Like douchebag mentions in his article, they'll be fighting an uphill battle all season (after posting that abysmal record to start the season) but if they can string together a few more wins this week (4 games) that will at least bring them back into the mix of things. And by "mix of things" I mean "out of a lottery pick".

That said, they'll have their hands full with the Sabres tonight. The Sabres are 11-4-0 in their last 15 games against the Leafs.

The good news... Toskala is still hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment