Saturday, February 14, 2009

Game Day: Keep this up and I may actually start blogging about you guys again

Sens are in Minny to take on the Wild, looking for an extension on their unlikely three game win streak. You know it's been a good week when we're talking about the team's actual on-ice performance and energy level rather than the latest Facebook account breach, Mike Fisher's dating habits, an ex-coach's bitter grumblings and Ray Emery's complications with the russian mafia errrrr ruble exchange rate.

I keep my aspirations for the team at a moderate level. Happiness for me would achieved by becoming one of our struggling northeastern counterpart's worst nightmare as they hit the late season mark and need two easy points to clinch a playoff spot. Recall the wrap up to 95-96 if you will. After the Bowness/Sparky shitstorm, we had started working toward franchise respectability under Jack Martin. I believe it was the last game of the season when the defending cup champs from Jersey were fighting for their playoff lives and the Sens put them down and out. How bright a smile would you sport after becoming Hab-spoilers in their divinely ordained 100th season? Highly unlikely, I know, but we do face them in the 79th game.

Stay tuned, I hope to have keep/trade spreadsheet ready to roll for our upcoming March firesale.

No comments:

Post a Comment