Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Bubble Boys

By The Meatriarchy

Michael Traikos has a round up of the 14 players who are on the bubble to make the Leafs or be sent to the Marlies (or elsewhere).

Nothing he says is really surprising ( White is good but small, Wozniewski big and slow) but one thing that did strike me is this little fact:

Mikael Tellqvist is 27 years old. I completely forgot that. I have always thought of this guy as a kid but at 27 isn't it time to pull the plug on this experiment? If he hasn't proven he can play at this level by this age is there any proof that he can?

Well, I guess the fact that Aubin is 29 and has yet to find a permanent home in the NHL is as good an example as any.

Expect to see Telly in net tonight against the Sens. This right now is the most important game of his career (although those two stinkers in MTL last year were the most important in my book).
If he is merely average look for him to be on the trading block or waivers. And I don't think he will fetch much on the open market. Maybe a fourth rounder or the ever popular "player to be named later".

No comments:

Post a Comment