Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Monday, May 30, 2011
Friday, May 27, 2011
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Despite predictions suggesting Binghamton wouldn't make the playoffos, Bingo has a deeper team set for the Final. Houston, on the other hand, has been a giant-killer and is coming off
However, if you are a Houston Aero reading this blog, there is something you need to be very cognisant of:
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Lest I be accused of treason, here's my case:
1. Vancouver. The end.
For the daft readers of this site (welcome, PPP fans!) who can't contemplate #1 here are a few other reasons:
2. Chris Kelly. Kelly was one of the top working players for the Senators. Occasionally flashy, he was a solid all-round contributor who never took a night off. He deserves some solid recognition via a silver chalice above his head.
3. The guy needs to be rewarded for having to suffer for so long in Toronto and finally made a wise decision. Fuck you Wilson!
4. Tim Thomas isn't a bitch. Virtually a walk-on goalie, he has never complained or been deemed the greatest. Yet he is. Also, he doesn't have greasy hair.
5. Boston girls are not prissy (trust me). Vancouver men are. A drunken Bostonian lass can cuss like the best sailor out there and in that crazy accent, it's just incredibly hot.
6. Phil Kessel. HHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH.
Of course, this is severely premature and i'm hoping I haven't jinxed them. If so, there will be a Tampa post to follow :)
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Past recipients (it's a short list) are Edmonton's Jordan Eberle and Vancouver's Cody Hodgson.
In other news, the Binghamton Senators await the results of tonight's AHL Western Final game 7 between Houston Aeros (I prefer the minty kind) and Hamilton Bulldongs (you read that right - Montreal is full of dicks, so their farm team is full of them too).
Senator's fans know the ills of a long layoff before the final. Let's hope Bingo learns from the big club's trials.
Thursday, May 19, 2011
Ryan Putolny continued his unreal playoffs with 14 goals (25 points) in 17 games. Who cares if he doesn't crack the big club next year - he's contributing to instilling a winning drive of the prospects.
Late bloomer Kaspar Daugavins had a very pretty SH goal made that much prettier by the ugliest moustache since Muppet's mom rocked one in 1993.
No BoO post is complete without reference to the other BoO team so understand that the Leafs are involved here. The last "Stanley Cup GOLD" goaltending prospect Leaf fans drooled over as late as last year rode the bench. Again. Yes, Justin Pogge missed his chance once more.
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Ottawa's group certainly had an impressive showing in taking a 3-0 stranglehold in the AHL semi-finals with a 7-1 win over the Charlotte Checkers.
Robin Lehner stopped 37 of 38 shots fo a 0.974 SV% to follow up his 35-save shutout in game 2. Lehner also scored his first professional playoff point with a short handed assist.
- Leading the scorers was Z.Smith with a hat-trick and an assist on our next player. Highly-touted defenseman Jared Cowen (rather dominant since joining Bingo in the post-season) aided the third.
- Centre Ryan Potulny continued his mind-abusing playoffs with his 23 point in 16 games.
- Bobby Butler potted his 10th of the post season with a really pretty goal.
- Returning to Cowen, he played extremely solid on the PK, shutting down the potent Checkers PP and plays nearly 30 minutes a game on the first pairing.
Highlight video of the game available here.
Turning to Toronto, we all are well aware that the Phaneuf-Reimer combo blew the game for Canada at the WHC, and that the Marlies, with all of the NHL-level depth, were somehow cheated out of a deep playoff run, but I, as a Senators fan and Leaf hater, can readily admit that the Leafs do deserve solid props for these two plays from their highly coveted pick.
Toronto's draft pick definitely steals the night.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Friday, May 13, 2011
Thursday, May 12, 2011
Monday, May 09, 2011
Cowen joined Binghamton for this game after Spokane was eliminated.
Not sure where the Marlies are at - assuming they've been given a bye to the final considering that they've got that crazy depth we've been hearing so much about :)
Sunday, May 08, 2011
Monday, May 02, 2011
In case you need a recap on which BoO players are playing for whom:
Team Canada includes Schenn, Phaneuf and Reimer from the Leafs, while Spezza is the Senators representative. Nonis is the GM.
Belarus is captained by Grabovsk.
Czech has Milan Michalek who I just read about: he scored two goals against Norway.
Germany includes Mueller and Holzner, two Leaf prospects who play for the Marlies.
Russia's roster includes 30 goal-scorer Nik Kulemin, who I heard over at PPP only played 7 minutes in the last game on the 4th line.
Sweden should have Alfredsson, but must settle for Carl Gunnarson for BoO content.
USA boasts Komisarek and Brown from the Leafs, likely to protect featherweight Shannon from the Ottawa clan.
All in all Toronto have 10 players in the tourney while Ottawa have 3. Not sure why Karlsson isn't playing for Sweden but we do know Kessel declined for the USA, which I hate to see. He should have went.